A GIS Framework for Eclipse
- uDig can be used as a stand-alone application.
- uDig can be extended with RCP “plug-ins”.
- uDig can be used as a plug-in in an existing RCP application.
The goal of uDig is to provide a complete Java solution for desktop GIS data access, editing, and viewing. uDig aims to be:
- User friendly, providing a familiar graphical environment for GIS users;
- Desktop located, running as a thick client, natively on Windows, Mac OS/X and Linux;
- Internet oriented, consuming standard (WMS, WFS, WPS) and de facto (GeoRSS, KML, tiles) geospatial web services; and,
- GIS ready, providing the framework on which complex analytical capabilities can be built, and gradually subsuming those capabilities into the main application.
Project Steering Committee
- Andrea Antonello (@moovida)
- Jesse Eichar (@jesseeichar)
- Jody Garnett (@jive)
- Mauricio Pazos (@mpazos)
- Frank Gasdorf (@fgdrf)